Thursday, October 12, 2023

A word from our trainee

Hi, I’m Cooper, I’ve been working with Living Connected as a trainee. I’m in Year 11 at Keira High School. We have an SBAT (school-based apprenticeships and traineeships) program at our school where students can work and attend TAFE while still completing their HSC. I’m participating in this program and working with Kim Leach from Living Connected on Mondays.
I’ve been working on a variety of projects, including designing a logo for We Women Of Conjola (wewomenofconjola.wordpress.com). For this project, I had a few weeks to create multiple logo designs that were later judged and voted on by the We Women of Conjola members. I spoke with Lynne about the whole project and also took some photos that went into the website that they wanted us to make. Consisting of a calendar where events can be seen and information provided. I traveled to Lake Conjola with Helen and presented all the logo designs that I had come up with. They all had helpful feedback and were pleased with the logos. They then voted for the winning logo. Resulting in the winning one being:

I’ve also worked with Kim on redesigning the Living Connected logo. We currently have two versions…

No photo description available.


we tried to keep the colours and general feel of our old logo so its still recognizable.

I’ve been designing posts for our Facebook page and learning how to schedule these using Facebook’s scheduling tool. Next up, we’re going to take a look at redesigning our webpage.

I’ll be a trainee with Living Connected until the end of next year and I hope to go into graphic design and web development when I finish school. I couldn't have come this far without the guidance and help of my boss, Kim. She has assisted me all the way through my time here and continues to. We figure out problems together and are always learning new things.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks, your comments are appreciated.

Prepare your Documents before an Emergency

Prepare your Documents before an Emergency The nature of disasters and crises means they can happen suddenly and unexpectedly. Store your do...